Job Ad Type:
We're hiring a copywriter to join the team at our Seoul Itaewon office.
Sticks & Stones is a boutique copywriting agency bridging the marketing communication gap between Korea and the world. We specialize in professionally crafting English-language marketing and advertising content for Korea's biggest and most high-profile companies, including Samsung, LG, Hyundai, and Kia.
This job offers an excellent opportunity to build a diverse portfolio. One week you could be naming a new product, the next you might be scripting a huge product launch event.
In this role, you will
- Complete initial ideation, group or solo brainstorming, development, final draft, subsequent revisions, and instill North American sensibilities to global writing projects
- Produce creative work at high speeds, attend client meetings, and proactively ask necessary questions to produce better results
- Make sure our words deliver the precise messaging our clients expect
- Write copy at the highest level for a broad spectrum of Korea's largest companies
We’re looking for a person who is
- Ultra-detail-oriented. We have a hard-earned reputation for excellence, and an obsessively perfectionistic CEO.
- Unfazed by tight deadlines. You must be adaptable to fast-changing timelines typical of the ad industry.
- Abundantly creative. Our clients expect us to bring new ideas to the table for their campaigns and products.
- A true writer. You must have an innate respect for writing, evidenced by proud samples of your work.
- A trend follower. Some of our work requires copy reflecting up-to-the-minute current happenings, issues, trends.
- Native English speaker
- Professional writing experience
- Current residence in Korea
- Eligible for E-7 visa sponsorship or an F visa holder
- Humility and confidence to take blunt but constructive criticism in stride
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with having a people-loving dog in the office
- Experience in the Advertising, Marketing, PR industry in Korea
- Experience in copywriting or journalism for Korean clients
- Familiarity with Korean culture
- Ability to speak and read Korean
Salary and benefits
- 3.5 million won per month, and negotiable upwards based on the amount of professional copywriting experience (this is not an entry-level position)
- Korean 4 major insurances, retirement pension, paid annual leave are all provided in accordance with Korean labor laws
M - F, 09:00 - 18:00
How to apply:
Please send all of the following three (3) items:
- A cover letter
- Your resume (C.V.)
- A portfolio of copywriting samples (academic papers will not be read)
Once you have prepared the above three (3) items, attach and submit them through the Koreabridge mail relay.
Candidates from Spring 2021 interviewed in-person at our office (final round) are invited to contact us again.