Back in 2017 I released a free Korean typing game called "Hangul Attack." You can find the original post here. Here's the trailer for the new update.
It's the year 3021 and the Hangul Aliens have invaded the planet. Fortunately for us, they have a weakness - a standard Korean keyboard. Can you save earth from disaster?
How to play:
Type the letters or words as they fall down from the sky. If you miss one, a meteor will drop. You can shoot down meteors using your turret, which you can control using the arrow keys and the space bar. Try to shoot down any meteors before they touch the ground.
You can press Escape at any time to pause the game and practice the keyboard. Remember that some letters also require the Shift key to type.
If you'd like to practice before trying a real round, check out the Tutorial on the main menu.
There are 5 game modes, which can be chosen from the Options menu.
- Consonants Only: This mode is for practicing only the consonants. The round ends after the timer finishes.
- Vowels Only: This mode is for practicing only the vowels. The round ends after the timer finishes.
- All Letters: This mode is for practicing both vowels and consonants. The round ends after the timer finishes.
- Master Mode: Letters will continue to fall more frequently and faster over time, making it more difficult the longer you play. There is no timer, so try to score as high as you can.
- Words: This mode is for practicing full words. Typing the wrong letter in a word will not cause a meteor to drop, but letting a word hit the ground will.
There are also a variety of falling items that you can find while playing.
- Health Packs: These heal your health, but not completely.
- Comets: For a short time, the screen will freeze and everything slows down to a crawl.
- Nuclear Bombs: All letters, words, and meteors are instantly removed from the screen.
- Bonus Powerup: For a short time, you can earn double the points for any letter or word.
- Turret Powerup: There are 3 power levels, and each increases the size and speed of your turret's fire.
Download the game here:
*Note that OSX by default blocks any and all programs from outside sources (including this game). In order to play this game, you may need to temporarily allow this game to run in your system.
This new update (April 2021) brings a variety of new game improvements, some large and others small. For a complete list of changes, see below.
- Added an additional 4 music tracks, for more variety. You can listen to the OST here.
- Added Credits, which can be accessed by clicking "GO! Billy Korean" on the main menu.
- Word mode now includes nearly 1,200 common vocabulary words.
- Word mode starts off 25% slower than previously, for an easier transition.
- Meteors now cause the ground to shake upon impact.
- The ground will start burning as your health becomes lower.
- The Options menu can now be exited using the Escape key.
- Added a Quit button when the game is paused to exit the round immediately.
- Added buttons to disable all music and/or sound effects from the Options menu.
- The turret's power levels are now easier to distinguish by appearance.
- Adjusted the spawn rate of power-ups to be more consistent and fair.
- The game mode is displayed on the Game Over and Victory screens.
- Bug fix: The game mode is now remembered between rounds.
- Bug fix: The game window now correctly shows "Hangul Attack."
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where it could become impossible to exit the Options menu without starting the game.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where the turret's fire could randomly disappear in full screen mode.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where a blank word could randomly fall, causing the game to crash.
- Bug fix: Longer words no longer spawn toward the edges of the screen.
- Bug fix: Words' health bars now properly reset after completing a word.
- New feature: Added a Tournament Mode, which removes the ability to pause the game. This can be activated by typing "bangtanacademy" on the Main Menu.
The post Free Korean Typing Game – Hangul Attack (NEW UPDATE 2021) appeared first on Learn Korean with GO! Billy Korean.
FOLLOW ME HERE:
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL: