Day 8- Bye Bye Koh Chang

Thursday September 8th, 2011

Well as much as we enjoyed our time on the island, the week was slowly coming to an end and today we had to start making our way back to the mainland and head back to Bangkok. We both had early flights to catch, heading in different directions. Daniel would be heading back to China and I will be going back home to Sydney, but in a weeks time, I will be flying back out again to join him in China.

We woke up this morning, had breakfast and headed out back to the elephants to see baby Dumbo for one last time. There he was, freely walking the grounds, waiting for someone to feed him some bananas, so luckily, we got there in time to give in to his temptations.

He was as cute as ever and more hypo today. A small crowd of tourists were gathering as they had just come back from the elephant jungle trek and naturally wanted to see the baby elephant. We waited around a little longer until they left to have some 'alone' time with him.

After patting him goodbye, we headed back to the resort to finalise the packing. We had arranged for a taxi to come and pick us up and to accompany us across the island on the ferry and to then drive us the 4 hours or so that it takes to reach Bangkok. It was much easier this way, then how we did it when we arrived on the island. Because we didn't know how it worked, we just arranged for a taxi to the wharf, then once we were on the island, it was quite hard getting a taxi. Atleast it's a lesson learnt and we know how to do it for the next time we visit.

3pm came quick and our taxi was already waiting for us. As the taxi led us away from the resort, I looked back and thought about the amazing time we had. I can't wait to come back.

The ferry was smooth sailing and sure enough, we were back on the mainland. Daniel and I could now sit back and relax and look forward to being woken up at the next toilet stop, which would be in a couple of hours.

It was a long drive, but we made it the The Best Wwestern in Bangkok at 8.30pm. Our drivers got us there in good timing and to think they had to drive all the way back, then catch the ferry back onto the island, well...I was glad it wasn't us.

Daniel and I ordered some cocktails to celebrate our last night in Thailand. What an adventure. If you ever want to get away for a few days, be right by the beach and not spend alot, Thailand is definately the destination for you.

The next day our taxi came and picked us up to take us to the airport, which was only 15 minutes away. From here, Daniel and I would fly back together to Hong Kong and then make our own way home. I wasn't too sad this time because I knew I'd be seeing him in a weeks time.

We walked over to Daniels gate as his flight was leaving 1.5 hour before mine. We kissed goodbye and I waved him off as he walked down the terminal. Next, it was my turn.

Comment on this entry | Tweet this | Your own free travel blog | More Travellerspoint blogs