Seoul English Village Pungnap Campus is looking for 1 international teacher to teach English starting in early July 2015, on 1-year contract. Our school is quite different from the hagwon or public school environment. Our main focus is to teach English through a variety of fun real-life situations where students are not burdened with grades or tests. Some of our classes include: Cooking, Sports, Science Experiments, Chocolate Making, Economy, First Aid, and many more! Basic requirements are as follows:
- Citizenship from a recognized English-speaking nation: U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Original bachelor’s degree/diploma from an accredited college or university (4 years in US/3 years in UK).
- Original national level criminal record check (FBI in the U.S.) that is clean of any charges or convictions
- Clean health check and drug test.
Teachers who have experience must provide proof and letters of recommendation, contact information, certificates, etc. Experience with children is a plus and gives an edge over teachers who do not have experience.
· Provided furnished accommodation, with free utilities (except internet), no commuting expenses.
· Paid round trip airfare
· Great location. The English Village is located between Jamsil and Cheonho. Olympic Park and the Han River are very nearby.
· Relaxed atmosphere. Classes are easy to teach, situational, and activity-based.
· Friendly staff, bosses who can speak English and understand Western culture and values.
· Plenty of opportunities to practice Korean with the Korean staff.
· Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided when students are present at the English Village.
We offer W2.1m + accommodation, 15 paid vacation days (Korean Holidays are extra), paid utilities, and meals. The working hours are weekdays 9 am to 6pm with a 1.5 hour lunch break. During our Winter and Summer camps, teachers will teach at most 7 classes per day (45 mins per class), but during the other points of the year, teachers spend significantly less time in the classroom. We also have to work at the weekends during our 5 week Winter and Summer camps, and days off will be given during the week. Every month during the rest of the year (at overtime pay), teachers take turns for teaching one or two weekend days. Generally, you will have your weekends free for most of the year. Extra weekend overtime is also available.
Usually you will be teaching Elementary students grades 3-6 and a few Kindergarten classes per month. Sometimes during the year we get middle/high school students and even university students.
We don’t use recruiters so please send your resume/CV and picture directly to [email protected]