Job Ad Type:
Namsung Elementary School (website: http://www.nisb.kr/) is a private elementary school in Jung-gu, Busan that received Cambridge Certification in 2021. It is one of a handful of schools in Korea with this certification. The curriculum is being developed at a rapid pace in order to implement the Cambridge material more effectively. The school has also started the IB (International Baccalaureate) World School candidacy process.
We are in search of experienced teachers who are interested in developing the program with the Cambridge material and the IB philosophy. One of our main focuses is having students use English consistently and improving the levels of the current students to reach the level required by the Cambridge program.
We are looking to hire multiple teachers to continue growing our team.
- Start date: February 15th, 2024.
- TESOL/TEFL certificate and/or qualified teacher status
- Experience with elementary children.
- E2, F2-6 visa (or eligible for one)
- Be a native English speaker from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, or the UK
- Be able to attend an in-person interview or have a Zoom interview (in-person preferred)
- Must have all required visa documentation
- You will share a homeroom with a Korean homeroom teacher, but most classes are taught in a separate classroom.
- Starting salary: 2.5 – 2.8mil KRW
- Hours: 8:30-4:30 (Mon-Fri)
- Teaching typically 20-22 classes (40 min) a week. There are also field trips for lower grades.
- Contract term: Feb 2024-Feb 2025
- Benefits: standard insurance, pension, health care
- Housing: 400,000 housing allowance, 5 million key money
- Vacation: 40 days annual leave spread over the summer and winter vacations + 9 days paid leave (this includes sick days and school discretionary holidays where applicable)
*There may be mandatory training workshops and/or English camps scheduled ahead of time during these periods but with consideration to teachers.
*Teachers will be required to prepare for the upcoming semester with remaining school vacation days.
- Documents to email: Resume with photo, cover letter, Copy of ARC (if applicable), Copy of TEFL/TESOL, Copy of Degree/Diploma/Certification
Please email documents to the Head of HR, Communications, and Teacher Development: [email protected]
Applications open: 30 October 2023
Interview process start date: 13 November 2023
Application Deadline: *30 November 2023
*Please do not wait for the application deadline as positions will be filled as we interview suitable candidates