Job Ad Type:
Seoul Scholars International, Busan Campus, is seeking a passionate and engaging elementary school teacher. The teacher will work with small and dedicated groups of students to support them through their academic journey in their elementary years. SSI Busan uses the U.S. Common Core curriculum.
Teachers at our schools can expect to experience a variety of benefits including excellent professional growth opportunities, Korean national health insurance, seasonal time-off for development and many more. Our school is team oriented and we seek teachers who value on the close relationship between students and faculties to enhance engaging learning environment.
- Be able to teach elementary education
- Plan, prepare and conduct the assigned courses at the scheduled times
- Record, evaluate and communicate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
- Comply with policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution
- Model honesty, good social skills, civic responsibility, fairness and ethical conduct
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and staff
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Hold an F visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship or Korean citizenship
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy
• Student Type: Elementary
• Curriculum: U.S. Common Core
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
• Teaching Hours: 30 classes per week
• Class Time: 50 minutes per class
• Class Size: 10-15 students per class
• Lunch Hour: 11:30 P.M.-12:20 P.M.
• Teacher Training: Provided
• Teaching Staff: 15 Native English Teachers
From 2.5 million KRW per month (negotiable upon experience)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.(Optional 3.3% tax deduction as a freelance)
• Severance: paid upon the completion of employment
• Vacation: 1st year- minimum of 4 weeks, 2nd year - minimum of 6 weeks
• Lunch: Provided
If the teacher will move to Busan, then the school will provide housing allowance.
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?
Seoul Scholars International Busan Campus, 1486-49 Banyeo-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea