Full title: International Exposition Yeosu Korea 2012
Shortened title: Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea
- Venue: New Port area in Yeosu, Korea
- Period: May 12 – August 12, 2012
- Site area: 2,710,000 ㎡
※ Consists of exhibition area of 250,000 ㎡ and auxiliary facilities (including Expo Town, Transit Parking Lots, parks, green areas, etc.)
The site has the geographical edge that comes from being adjacent to the ocean, and thus, is ideal for realizing the Expo theme, “The Living Ocean and Coast.” The site overlooks Hallyeosudo Marine National Park and Odong Island, and is surrounded by 317 jewel-like islets, having the perfect natural conditions to make the Expo’s theme come alive.
Last modified on january 25,2012
The Yeosu Expo will provide an opportunity to enhance the international community’s perception of the function and value of the ocean and coast, share knowledge on the proper use of the ocean and coast and recognize the need for cooperation in the marine sector. It will also serve as a venue to learn about the achievements of and future models for the marine sector and offer a valuable chance to promote state-of-the-art marine science and technology and marine industries.
- The Exposition will be an opportunity for the international community to clearly understand the role of the ocean and coast as well as the challenge facing humanity caused by the reckless development of the ocean and coast.
- Participants will be able to benchmark as well as promote successful development cases where development and preservation are well balanced.
- The Exposition will present a role model for transforming the declining port and its neighboring area into a new space for living.
- The Exposition will be a chance to induce and urge cooperation and joint efforts from the international community. In particular, the Yeosu Project will offer a golden opportunity for resolving imminent ocean-related problems facing developing countries.
- Participants will be able to experience cutting-edge marine science and technology for the future.
- Developing countries will have an opportunity to acquire state-of-the-art marine science and technology.
- The Exposition will be a chance to share and co-develop sophisticated marine science and technology, thus significantly contributing to the mutual development of the marine industry.
- The Exposition will mobilize state-of-the-art technology to offer visitors an opportunity to experience a futuristic exposition.
- Participating countries can utilize the Exposition as a test market to gauge the feasibility of their marine science, technology and products.