Clarification on domestic helpers in Korea

Hi there, 

I'm looking for some clarification.

1) Can filipinos apply to be domestic workers in Korea? Is it legal? Which visa does that fall under?

2) Do they need to have an employer first before applying for visa? 

3) If entering Korea on a tourist visa and then working illegally as a helper what are the implications?

4) What is the pay like for filipinos as a domestic helper. 

Leaving Korea for China?

Hi everyone, I've recently moved to Shenzhen, China after living in Korea for 6 years and I wanted to start this forum to offer advice to anyone who is thinking about making that move themselves. It is getting to be that time of year again, and I've seen some people talk about their schools cutting back, so I though now would be as good a time as any to start giving advice, and I don't have any classes for the rest of the term, so I have the time.

Can foreigners graduated in South Korea be employed in South Korea?

Nowadays I am studying at Master's. And I wonder if I can get a job in South Korea after I graduate as a non- native English speaker. Although my level of English is the same with native speakers, I sometimes doubt that I may not be able to get a job in teaching English in South Korea.

Do you have any idea about this?


Is tutoring possible legally

I keep finding information saying that tutoring is illegal in South Korea but this is usually referenced with teaching at a school there. I have a connection to a Korean that already tutors there, and I would be able to get jobs tutoring without needing to be teaching in a school. Is it possible to get a visa to just tutor and not be attached through a school? Or is it always illegal for foreigners to tutor privately or in small groups?

Student/work visa

 I am currently teaching at a college here in Busan on an E-2 visa.  I am applying to PNU for grad school and I plan to study there and continue teaching as well.  

Will I have any problems doing this?  Do I need a letter of permission from my employer or something like that?  

I am getting mixed information from people I am talking to.  


Establishing a business in Korea

I am American and my friend is Korean.  We are starting a business here in Busan, but we have some questions about establishing the company.  What docuements and legal requirements do we need?  Registering the business for tax purposes, establishing a 50/50 ownership, protecting our business name, and anything else that we may not be thinking of.  Please recommend any lawyers who could help, or business owners who have already been through the process and wouldn't mind giving somme advice.  

If you could offer any advice, or point us in the right direction, it would be a big help!

40,000KRW for 2 hours of private English lessons, too expensive?

A Korean student posted an ad looking for a private English tutor. I gave the student's number to my friend, and she contacted the student.My friend who is not a native English speaker offered the student 40,000KRW for 2 hours, but the student said the rate is too expensive. My friend is a Filipina. She has taught English for 5 years. She is more than qualified to teach English because she has a college diploma and an F6 visa. But I just don't understand why some Koreans are like that?

Complicated issue regarding D2 visa

HELLO every one !!!

I need some information regrading my visa. I am a graduate student, I enroled in combined course (Master +PhD), officially it take 4 years to complete, so the dureation in my ARC is 4 years. But in the meanwhile after 2 years I complete Master and change my degree from combined course to Master coures only. and will graduate this Feb. But still in my ARC there are 2 years to expire. So, I want to ask that with my graduation my visa will expire or I can stay 2 years on this visa (student visa).


Subscribe to RSS - Employment