What's in my Bag?
Ahhh packing. I view it with equal amounts of loathing and love. I love being prepared and organised, but at the same time it's such a stress. I'm always whittling, does it weigh too much? Is it all going to fit in? I remember my first ever post on this blog was about how hard it was to pack for Korea. Now I've spent 2 years here and have to try and get everything I've acquired back again. I don't know what's more stressful!
I have just managed to get 6 bags down to 2 suitcases and my hand luggage. So here're the things I didn't need to think twice about packing for my hand luggage on the long flight. (13 and a half hours in total...oh no!)
1. My toiletry bag. Inside I like to keep a hair brush and bobble, a toothbrush, tooth paste, deodorant and this cute fragrance stick I've just got from Etude House (it smells so much better than the Hello Bunny! one). I've saved some cleansers from all of the freebies I collected from the make up shops, so I'll be able to keep my face feeling fresh. I also keep headache tablets in there and a lip balm. This one smells amazing, it's a lemon muffin one that my friend Stacey sent to me while I was here. It makes me want to eat it! The final thing is WET WIPES! Everyone should have a small pack of these, they're so handy!
2. My make up bag. Sadly, I am one of those people that likes to try and avoid looking like a zombie when I come off a long flight, so have some bare essentials in my make up bag. This includes my Maybelline mascara, Bobby Brown blusher and MAC brush, and my Clinique Chubby Stick. One of the grandparents at school was kind enough to give me the Chubby Stick as a gift and it's amazing! I love it and would really recommend it, although I tend to avoid more expensive brands like Clinique.
3.Thermal socks. I'm a wuss when I'm cold, and I'll be wearing my Doc Martens as they're my heaviest shoes (it's all about saving weight) which will no doubt be kicked off as soon as I get on the plane, so these socks will keep my feet nice and toasty.
4.Important grown up things. Like my passport and purse. My purse now has English money in it, it's so weird! And I love my passport cover, the lovely Lizzie bought me this before I left to come to Korea!
5. Layers. Like I said, I hate being cold, so I am taking a wrap and a pair of leggings to add extra layers. They're also handy to change into so that you feel fresher at the other end.
6. My Travel Bag. A £2 bag that I bought from Primark. It's been invaluable since I bought it as it's small enough to pack and take anywhere to use as a day bag, or travel bag!
7. Sleeping tools. I'm awful at sleeping on public transport, so to give me any sort of chance, I always take a neck pillow, eye mask and ear plugs. Not to mention my Hello Kitty blanket that I couldn't fit on the picture.
8. Entertainment. Ok, this time I've regressed slightly and bought myself some crayons and a colouring book! Along with my iPod,my diary and a pen, and I have Palahniuk's Rant to read. Along with an episode of Africa on my laptop incase the films aren't great.