Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far
Here we are in the French Countryside.
No, I can’t tell you about Spain, Italy or the splendor of the distant Swiss alps….well, because we haven’t gotten there yet. What I can tell you is that over the past week, Nicole and I have been engulfed in the marvelous serenity of the french countryside.
Yes, Paris was great. If you have cash, some star-tude and a frilly scarf, it’s the place…but if your taste is more visual, hitting cruise control on a rolling highway north of Bordeaux is paramount.
Nicole and I chose the longer, windier, sometimes eerily quiet country stretches of France to make our decent southward as opposed to the faster, more user friendly toll roads. My photos can only give you a glimpse of what it was like to see hundreds of miles of unspoiled rich earth pass us by. It was as if we were viewing the land as it was during a time without strip malls, parking lots and waves of housing amidst concrete jungles. Everywhere we looked was like mother nature having a great hair day.
Not alot more too add…The countryside was magic and it was truly a gift to experience it as we did.
You can see more photos here.
You can read more about the weekly photo challenge here.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (theinspiredpacker.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and far (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (stephenkellycreative.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Near and Far (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far The Sequel!! (Greece, Ireland, Holland) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
Filed under: Photos Tagged: France, photo challenge, photography, postaday