Principal Risk Consultant at ERM: Environmental Resources Management – Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
ERM is the world’s leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have 130 offices in 40 countries, employing over 3,600 professionals and providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organisations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.Our people are outstanding, and our workplace is energised. We actively strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is the world’s leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. For more than 30 years, we have been successfully delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. As a global leader in environmental, safety and health services, ERM places the highest priority on the health and safety of our employees, business associates and the community.
Our people are outstanding, and our workplace is energized. We actively strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
Exciting opportunities currently exist in our South Korean office. With excellent and sustained business performance, we believe in developing our talent internally and offer unparalleled project experience as well as extensive travel opportunities within Asia-Pacific and further afield.
ERM is seeking candidates to help grow the business in the field of Process Safety, Risk and Reliability Assessment and with the potential to become one of our top consultants. The successful candidates will provide technical expertise in hazard identification and quantitative risk assessment studies (including HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA, and RAM studies) for process plants in the field of oil and gas (including offshore), refinery, chemicals and petrochemicals. The positions also require energetic candidates who are motivated to travel on a regular basis.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in chemical engineering or a post-graduate qualification in mathematics, physics or fluid mechanics. Candidates with Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering background may also be considered
- 3-5 or 5-10 years relevant experience in risk assessment or design safety engineering
- Demonstrate experience in project management and client liaison
- Excellent communication skills and academic qualifications
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Motivated to travel on a region-wide and worldwide basis regularly to meet client needs; (Travel may be extensive on some projects)
- Candidates must be motivated, independent individuals with initiative, who can work autonomously and are committed to delivering the highest quality services to our clients
- Applications from fresh graduates are welcome and will be considered for more junior positions.
- Those with 3 to 5 years or 5 to 10 years of experience in chemical plant operations/ offshore and who would like to pursue a career in process safety may also apply.
Your desire and ability to work as part of a team and take ownership of your work will see you thrive within your role. If you are interested in growing your career in a challenging, innovative and supportive working environment and believe you have the drive and ability to match ours, please apply by clicking the link below.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.