One of my comfort foods is Korean kimchi bokkeumbap (김치볶음밥,...
One of my comfort foods is Korean kimchi bokkeumbap (김치볶음밥, kimchi fried rice). Once you have all the ingredients, it’s easy to make.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup kimchi juice
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (hot pepper paste)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 sheet of kim (dried seaweed), roasted and shredded
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
1. Heat up a pan. Add the vegetable oil and cook the chopped kimchi for 1 minute.
2. Add rice, kimchi juice, water, and gochujang. Stir together and cook for 7 minutes.
3. Add sesame oil and remove from heat.
4. Top with chopped green onion, roasted kim and sesame seeds. Ready to serve.
Note: I usually add an egg on top, cooked sunny-side up.