Hi all! Since the Fireworks Festival was delayed until this evening, and many people want to see the fireworks, we will still meet at Starbucks in Gwangan so that people can attend both events. LOCATION & TIME UNCHANGED :)
If we cannot secure a table on the 3rd floor, we will try the 2nd, then the 1st. Worst case scenario where there are no tables, we will wait out front until 5:15 PM, and move to a new location. We will leave a sign indicating our location. The events will end at 7 PM, so everyone can attend the fireworks (at 8PM).
I think it will be fine, since it's further down the beach and not an ideal viewing location. Look for our group, and if you don't see us, look for the signs!
Looking forward to meeting you all!
Directions (7-9 minute walk from Gwangan station):
- Take subway to Gwangan station (stop #209 on Line 2, Green line).
- Take Exit 3, and walk DOWN the main cross-street towards the beach.
- Take a left when you reach beach boulevard.
- Walk past Lotteria, and a burger joint.
- Starbucks will be on your left. It has a porch facing the beach, 3rd floor.
NaNoWriMo Busan 2012! Launch Party Sun. Oct. 28
Calling all writers and would-be novelists in the Busan-and-surrounding areas! Along with two friends, I've made myself a self-appointed organizer for NaNoWriMo Busan 2012. NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month is a 30-day-long global event where participants attempt to write 50,000 words (the rough equivalent of a novel) during the month of November. Why? For fun, cheap thrills, and to proudly tell others, "Why YES, I have written a novel!"
We are having a Launch Party this Sun. Oct. 28 from 5-7 pm in Gwangan or KSU (Location TBA). Come out, meet some new people and fellow writers and find out what this event is all about! We have some souvenir goodies to give away as well :)
Sign up for NaNo at www.nanowrimo.org, it's free or by voluntary donation and join for the "Asia: South Korea: Busan" forum for questions and updates. We also have a Busan Nano group, where we will post about events, including this Sunday's Launch Party, weekly write-ins, a Halfway Party and the TGIO (Thank God It's Over!) Party.
NaNoWriMo Official Site: www.nanowrimo.org
Nano Busan:https: www.facebook.com/groups/
- Busan, South Korea
- I'm a lucky young woman who has had the wonderful opportunity to live and travel in South Korea. My time here has taken me all over the country, and my blog follows those adventures. Enjoy!
- You can also find my wiritng on The Korea Blog, the official blog of the government of Korea