Japchae (잡채) – Stir Fried Noodles
This dish uses noodles made from sweet potato. It is usually served as a main dish with rice.
- 5-6 oz. – Sweet potato noodles
- 1-1/2 –
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1 – Whole Onion
- 1 – Medium carrot – sliced
- 4-5 sheets – Fish Cake -or- Chopped Pork
- Black pepper
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced Mushroom
- 1/2 c – Soy sauce
- 1/4 c – Sugar
- 1/4 c – Minced garlic
- 1/4 c – water
- In a large bowl, add noodles and cold water. Soak noodles for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare other ingredients – Slice the carrot, fish cake (or pork), onion into thin slices.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add some oil.
- Stir fry ingredients. Start with carrots first and then add the others (bell pepper, fish cake, etc.) Sprinkle some black pepper as you stir fry. Set aside after frying.
- In a small pot, add soy sauce, sugar, garlic and water. Bring to a simmer and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add noodles to sauce and boil together for one minute.
- In a bowl, add noodles, stir-fried ingredients, sesame oil and sesame seeds