Google Jobs – Solutions Consultant, Media and Platforms Solutions (DoubleClick) – Seoul, Korea
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
This position is based in Seoul, Korea.
The area: Online Sales and Operations, DoubleClick, Media and Platforms Solutions
Media and Platforms Solutions (MPS) is enabling Google’s next $10 billion dollar business – display advertising. We partner with the world’s largest marketers, publishers, and agencies to grow their businesses through cutting edge technologies and marketing strategies. Our team consists of sharp, analytical minds and enjoys solving complex strategic, operational, and technical challenges for the world’s largest publishers and advertisers. As a member of the MPS team, you will help to push the boundaries of the online display industry.
The role: Solutions Consultant, Media and Platforms Solutions (DoubleClick)
As a Solutions Consultant, you will be responsible for strategic management of DoubleClick Search’s agency/advertising clients and their campaigns. You will create and implement technical account strategies, develop innovative solutions and overcome technical obstacles to help maintain the success of our largest DoubleClick customers. As such, you will lead pre-sales consulting engagements, product deployments and post-implementation training and day-to-day account management to provide technical insights for your clients and build a strong, successful, long-term relationship. You bring a proven track record of analytical problem-solving and the ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical audiences alike. You enjoy working with people and technology more than working with your head down in product development. You have both the ability to interact with engineering teams as well as excellent relationship-building and people/communication skills. You are also someone who can identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and work with a cross- functional team to continuously improve our products and operations. Ideally, you are already familiar with online advertising and have experience working within the industry.
- Act as a dedicated technical point of contact for DoubleClick’s largest and most strategic agencies and advertisers.
- Develop and expand relationships with current clients, including identifying new opportunities for clients to increase advertiser spends efficiently. Work closely with Sales Account Manager to own client relationships and expand solution offerings, including up-selling and re-signing on a regular basis.
- Maintain industry, Google/DoubleClick product and customer knowledge to provide successful ad management, along with operational and technical consultation. Lead the analysis and research for complex technical issues and work with senior personnel on the Escalation Management, Engineering, Sales and Product Management teams.
- Help customers to properly implement DoubleClick products and develop responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs). Prepare commercial proposals for customers.
- Manage complex technical issues across products, acting as a named point of contact to provide professional, courteous and prompt technical assistance and regular product updates for premier customers, thereby resulting in the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record.
- At least 3 years client facing experience in online advertising industry within advertising agencies, ad networks, advertising technology companies or technical account management experience with large enterprise clients.
- Experience and confidence in presenting to senior-level executives.
- Experience using Yield Manager, AdExchange, Google AdWords, DoubleClick Search or other display buying and search platform a plus.
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Fluency in English and Korean.