Burn Baby Burn: Sunburns
You wanted to get a nice dark tan while laying out and you ended up getting burned.
You should know better than to skimp on the SPF, but I’m not here to lecture you (or I’ll try to refrain….)
The Damage is done (literally), so here a few tips to help you deal.
Keep it cool: Apply cold compresses — such as a towel dampened with cool water — to the affected skin. Or take a cool bath.
Keep it moist: Apply aloe or moisturizing cream to the affected skin.
* Try making Aloe Cubes by filling an empty ice tray with Aloe. Use the frozen Aloe Cubes to ease the pain and cool down the skin
-Avoid products containing alcohol, which can further dry out skin. (Beware of sunburn treatment products containing anesthetics, such as benzocaine. There’s little evidence that these products are effective. In some cases, they may even irritate the skin)
Leave blisters intact: If blisters form, don’t break them. You’ll only slow the healing process and increase the risk of infection. If needed, lightly cover blisters with gauze.
Take an over-the-counter pain reliever: If needed, take anti-inflammatory medication — such as aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) — according to the label instructions until redness and soreness subside.
-(Don’t give children or teenagers aspirin. It may cause Reye’s syndrome, a rare but potentially fatal disease)
Drink Water: A sunburn can cause a mild fever and a headache. Lie down in a cool, quiet room to relieve the headache. A headache may be caused by dehydration, so drinking fluids may help.
Treat peeling skin gently. Within a few days, the affected area may begin to peel. This is simply your body’s way of getting rid of the top layer of damaged skin. While your skin is peeling, continue to use moisturizing cream
Consult a doctor for sunburn treatment if:
- Severe sunburn covers a large portion of your body with blisters
- Sunburn is accompanied by a high fever or severe pain
- Severe sunburn doesn’t begin to improve within a few days
So remember to cover yourself in SPF~
It sucks getting burned…. but at least you’ll end up with that tan you wanted!
- Awww…… You’re Making Me Blush! Spring is here, Love is in the air, and You’re...
- Go for the Gold… and Bronzed Skin: Bronzers Summer is in full swing and Mr. Sun has...
- B.B. Cream: What It Is and How To Use It I recently wrote an article about the difference between Korean...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.