95. Mango Six Coffee & Dessert (Gimhae) I first saw this somewhere in Gwangan, Busan, about two years ago. They had a self-serve froyo station, akin to those that were exploding all over the U.S. a few years ago. I wonder if that’s still a thing over there.
96. Cofy Plz (Jangsan, Busan). It was closed when this photo was taken, but I was assured it’s still open.
97. I *Heart* Coffee (Samgye-dong, Gimhae). Yeah, we kind of figured that out already.
98. Coffeemama (Gimhae). If you get a hot coffee, can you call it a “Hot Mama”? Will anyone understand the joke? This is another chain. It seems like almost every business is a chain of some kind in Korea. Either that, or standalone businesses give their facades the look of a chain, I guess to imply stability? Not sure. Anyway, I also saw a location in Busan.
99. Dal.komm Coffee (Gwangan, Busan). I have seen this brand in several locations throughout Busan, including the Busan Station area. Their website gives no indication as to what the hell dal.komm actually means.
JPDdoesROK is a former news editor/writer in New Jersey, USA, who served a one-year tour of duty in Dadaepo/Jangnim, Saha-gu, Busan from February 2013 to February 2014. He is now a teacher in Gimhae.