Representative Director for WMT Marine Korea
Worldwide Marine Technology Ltd
Representative Director – Korea
Job description and activities
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Director
Location: Centum City, Busan South Korea. Including regional oversight of China and Japan with some worldwide travel.
Operating on a global basis, WMT is a market leader in the provision of technical and safety documentation services for the marine and oil and gas sector. In order to further strengthen our sales team, we have a requirement for an Representative Director for Korea and East Asia with proven success in these markets.
WMT has a core staff of 37 persons in the UK and also engage the services of a number of subcontracting specialists and freelance technical authors.
A strong focus on delivering high quality, user-friendly products has seen WMT become the world’s leading specialist company in the marine sector while developing an increasing market share in the oil and gas sector. WMT has a client list that includes most of the leading oil majors and ship operators worldwide as well as shipyards and offshore operators.
This is a key position here in Korea. We are seeking an individual who has strong ties and long term commitment to staying in Korea and who will help to grow and support the company. Knowledge of and familiarity with Koreans and Korean customs and norms is essential. Spoken or written Korean fluency will be very helpful but not essential.You will play a pivotal role in the company as East Asia provides a large portion of our project based business. The successful candidate will be a driving force, enjoying a dynamic environment that involves world travel and the chance to develop new products and services. This challenging position will provide job satisfaction and will be very rewarding for the right person.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be selling specialist technical operating and safety training services to the Marine and Offshore Oil & Gas sectors. You will be a key contact for customers and responsible for developing technical presentations and commercial proposals as well as attending industry events. The role will involve all aspects of sales and marketing from raising the company’s profile, to identifying potential customers, through to negotiating contracts and invoicing.
You will be required to grow existing business while developing new accounts, products and services. You will be supported in this role by the Sales Support Administrators and will be involved in managing the activities of representative in-country Sales Agents in China and Japan.
This role requires a creative and consultative style sales approach with a persistence to achieve results over the long term. It will involve international travel and visiting companies and shipyards primarily in East Asia but also potentially worldwide in a supporting role as well as attending industry exhibitions and trade events. Previous experience within the Marine or Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Exceed forecasted revenue targets and review own sales performance.
- Identifying opportunities for new business.
- Achieve inclusion of WMT on approved suppliers lists and bidders lists.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Gather market and customer information, trends, and competitor activity.
- Provide feedback for the improvement of products and services to managers and office staff.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential customers and in-country sales agents providing support through telephone, email and visits.
- Adequately report and keep customers information updated.
- Deliver presentations and represent WMT at exhibitions and seminars.
- Making accurate cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Negotiate the terms of agreements and close sales.
- Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications with customers and managers.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to provide sales forecasts and to monitor the progress of orders.
You will have a track record of international sales success. Sales experience in services and products relating to operations or safety within the marine or oil and gas sectors is preferred.
- Highly self motivated with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to motivate others.
- Flexible and able to work both autonomously in an international environment and also as part of a team.
- Comfortable with a consultative style, long term sales approach.
- You will have a high attention to detail and be able to prepare sales forecasts and business plans, report and understand market trends.
- You should have excellent commercial acumen and experience in both growing accounts as well as developing new business.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar sales position, with a technical or engineering background preferable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a necessity.
- Excellent negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrable IT capability especially with all Microsoft packages.
Payment negotiable depending upon experience and will include health and pension contribution by the company.
If you are interested in this position and feel you're a good fit please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org