Public Schools Changwon, Yangsan, Jinju, Gojae Island amongst others
Gyeongsangnamdo (http://www.dowajo.org/) Public Schools Available.
Start dates of March 1st, April 1st and 1st May. All contracts are for 365 days.
This is the south-eastern province which surrounds the 2nd biggest city in Korea – Busan. This region boast warm temperate environment, beautify sceneries and logistical connectivity via the KTX throughout the county. The main city – Changwon – has a population of 1m people and we also have a lot of county locations with bullet-speed internet!
These positions are with the Provincial Office of Education – the Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education (GOE)
They come with EPIK employment contracts. By coming through the POE; you can choose the city or county you like – a benefit that is not available if you apply through EPIK. Another benefit is that you can have a choice between a public elementary, middle or high school.
Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday. A wholly-inclusive working environment where you can lesson plan at the school – you wouldn’t have to take any work home.
This is a provincial region and therefore the salary range is the highest – 2.2m-2.95m per month; depending on your resume, the location you choose and whether or not you have multiple schools. Also; if you provide a residency certificate from your country; it can be tax free too.
Benefits include :
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
- Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
- Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
- Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, Emart Voucher for 10,000won, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
- Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
We also act as a support function before you arrive – and during & throughout your entire time here in South Korea.