Gyungnam Public School (EPIK)
Failed the EPIK application / interview but still very much want an EPIK public school?
It is still possible.
In addition to EPIK; we work with an education office whereby it’s possible for you to apply and be successful.
The education office is the Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Gyeongsang_Province) - GOE
How is it possible? The GOE office prefers to hire through us – the reason is that they want to interview you. They want to get an impression of you and place you into a school which they feel comfortable. Whereas if they hired you through EPIK; they would not be able to speak with you; and EPIK would place you into one of their schools – and they prefer to operate otherwise.
So if you have failed your EPIK application / EPIK interview; it’s still possible for you to have an EPIK public school through us. We will guide you through the process and ensure your success – that is our job.
All the same benefits / conditions –
22 classes per week. 8:30am to 4:30pm working week. No weekends.
Pay can be seen here - https://www.koreanhorizons.com/sub04.php - same as EPIK
Benefits same too –
- Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
- 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
- Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
- 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
- Medical contributions
- Pension contributions
- 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
- Sick paid leave allowance
- Special leave allowance
- 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
- Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
Plus + being with Korean Horizons; you also get :
- Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school
- Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, a Travel Guide, a Phrasebook & other goodies)
- Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
Starts 1st March 2018 – 1 year full contract.
Interviews are happening. Don’t settle for a hagwon ☹ Teach in an EPIK Public School and lift your resume.
Apply – and see what happens.