Full-time Non-tenure Track English Lecturer, Gyeongsang National University
Full-time Non-tenure Track English Lecturer
The School of Language Education
Gyeongsang National University (GNU), Jinju, the Republic of Korea
The School of Language Education (SLE) at Gyeongsang National University is currently recruiting resourceful, culturally sensitive, academic professionals seeking creative input within a diverse ESL programs. Responsibilities include teaching up to 372 teaching hours per semester in GNU's general English program and EZ English program for undergraduate students or SLE's conversational English programs for students and adults; contributing to and participating in curriculum and program development, textbook writing, e-testing and assessment, student advising and support activities.
• BA diploma from a reputably accredited university/program and at least
three years' ESL-related teaching experience at university or college level.
• TESOL certificate with BA diploma from a reputably accredited
• Master's degree in TESOL, Education, or English from a reputably accredited
university/program is an asset.
• Experience in e-testing and assessment, instructional technology, textbook
writing, and curriculum and materials development is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
• prepare and deliver classes and collaborate with co-workers to develop the
program content, program delivery, and teaching methodology
• participate actively and contribute meaningfully to work
- group/committee/project/task assignments
• contribute to student evaluation, counseling, and support operations
• contribute to e-testing, assessment design and administration
• contribute to curriculum development and textbook writing
• complete any other responsibilities assigned by administration
• Salary commensurate with degree and major (TESOL, Education, or English)
• Starts 2,150,000 won per month
• Six-month initial contract, starting from the end of August, which is
renewable upon re-application in accordance with GNU's fiscal year
• paid one-way air ticket.
• Furnished accommodation in accordance with GNU Policies
• Paid Vacation (3 weeks per semester)
• Health Insurance, national Pension, severance pay, overtime pay in
accordance with GNU Policies
1. Application Form
2. Current Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
3. Cover letter with teaching philosophy
4. A sample lesson plan showcasing one of the following; a basic lesson, an intermediate lesson or an advanced lesson
5. Scanned copy of highest earned credential--degree certificate
6. Recommendation letters from three referees are assets
7. Scanned copy of Passport (applicants overseas only)
8. Criminal Background Check (applicants overseas only)
9. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
(TESOL or ESL certificate)
Please submit all of the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com The application deadline is April 27th, 2017. Applicants who meet Gyeongsang National University’s requirements will move on to the next phase of screening which is a 10 minute open lecture.
For further Information contact :
The School of Language Education, Gyeongsang National University
April 17, 2017
The School of Language Education
Gyeongsang National University
For more inqueries
|Application Form.doc||58.5 KB|