Faculty position in Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Marketing position)
1. Period: September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018 (The contract can be extended every 1 year, posterior to the performance evaluation)
1) Theory Faculty (Teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
2) Language Faculty(teaching conversational skills)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Language Faculty, the faculty member should be one who has master degree or higher conferred and has more than 2 years full time teaching experience (after the degree) at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, and who speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University. (Research and teaching experience converts in accordance to the ratio table of the personnel regulations of the University.)
※ Recruitment: 1 faculty (Marketing classes) .
Full Professor : 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor : 4,668,100 KRW
Assistant Professor : 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will apply.)
※ The position can be different from the present position in your country.
※ Additional payment for any extra teaching load shall be made on the basis of the pay-scale for foreign instructors. In case the foreign faculty teaches less than the minimum required load, the salary payment will be deducted based on the deficiency.
※For your reference, approximate exchange rate is ₩1,100 ~ 1,170 / USD.
- Theory Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week - Language Faculty should teach a minimum of twelve hours a week (Basic Marketing undergraduate courses).
5. Travel: One-way air plane ticket from (departure) to Seoul (economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse)
6. Accommodations: Dormitory for foreign professors (single room or family room) will be provided for free.
7. Documents required: Curriculum vitae at the initial stage
※ Successful candidates will need to submit the following documents in very near future (please be prepared):
1) 3 recent photos
2) Research/publications list in English
3) Certificate of criminal records in English
4) Certificate of Employment in English
5) Certificate of Career in English
6) Positions should be specified as one of followings - part-time lecturer, full-time lecturer (former), assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor
* If he or she has previous career experience as a part-time lecturer, the weekly teaching hours should be stated on the certificate of employment/career.
7) A letter of recommendation in English (issued by the organization or university where he/she's employed.)
8) Photo Copy of diplomas (BA, MA, Ph.D)
* It should be translated into Korean or English (Requirements for Immigrations Office)
9) Copy of passport.
* If coming with family members, documents below should be added : 1) Certificate of marriage 2) Certificate of children's birth 3) Family member's photos 4) Family member's copy of passport, and 5) Degree verification form (Signed consent form and etc.)
8. Other benefits:
- Incentives are provided for the professors who write the journals at the level of SCI(E) and Domestic prominent journals if a published article is submitted only when a foreign faculty member is being employed by the HUFS.
- Amount of grant and the number of support for each of the journals are in accordance with the University research support rule.
9. Deadline: April 30, 2017.
10. Documents should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org