25 Public Schools in the Gyeongsangnamdo Region
Changwon – https://www.changwon.go.kr/language/main.do
Yangsan – http://www.yangsan.go.kr/en/main.do
& everywhere else!
Go provincial and get the real Korean experience. Live life + learn as much Korean as possible – Hike the mountains + enjoy the coastal south and warm climate.
The Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education is currently recruiting. See their website here – dowajo.org. See the picture inside and get a glimpse of life here + read about what the position entails.
If you’ve applied to EPIK – and you want to have more choice in the location – you can do that here. Plus you can have a preference about the age group that you teach in.
These positions also come with an EPIK contract. Only 22 classes per week – that’s it. Structured working day – and you never have to take any work home – not ever.
This provincial region also has the highest pay bracket – 2.2m as a start, going all the way up to a maximum of 2.95m won per month.
Benefits are as standard –
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working (not calendar) days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
- Airport pickup by us personally, hotel (a BUSINESS Hotel – not a Love Hotel!) for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
- Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
- Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, Flask, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
- Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
These are for a March 1st start date. 1st April, 1st May – 1st of every month is also possible. This region has more than 500 schools and as such; there are always vacancies.
So – why not apply? If you want to – email your resume to Alistair@KoreanHorizons.com