Busan Biennale 2018
Busan Biennale 2018 will be held from September 8 to November 11 at the Museum of Contemporary Art Busan and the former site of the Bank of Korea in Busan, under the theme of "Divided We Stand." 66 teams from 34 countries were selected. This edition of the Busan Biennale will present an opportunity to reflect, ponder and communicate on the psychological trauma felt from physical division, which has had a profound impact on human lives in the 20th century.
○ Period: September 8 - November 11, 2018
(Closed on Mondays but open on Monday, Sep. 24th)
○ Venue: Museum of Contemporary Art Busan, the former Bank of Korea, Busan
Opening Ceremony: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 4:00 p.m. at the Museum of Contemporary Art Busan
○ Admission: 12,000 won for adults, 6,000 won for youth, 4,000 won for children
○ Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Last admission is one hour before closing.)
○ Tickets: 12,000 won for adults, 6,000 won for youths, 4,000 won for children
○ Theme: Divided We Stand
○ Artistic Director: Cristina Ricupero
○ Curator: Jörg Heiser
○ Hosted by: Busan Metropolitan City, Busan Biennale Organizing Committe
○ Supported by: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
○ Website: http://www.busanbiennale.org/eng/
○ For more info.: (051)503-6111
A free shuttle bus service will be offered on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays during the Busan Biennale 2018 (Sep. 8 to Nov. 11).
Shuttle bus route:
Busan metro station (Exit 2) → The former Bank of Korea, Busan → Hadan metro station (exit 1) →
Parking lot at Museum of Contemporary Art Busan → Hadan metro station (exit 2) → Yongdusan Park parking lot entrance next to the former Bank of Korea → Busan, Busan station (exit 2)
The shuttle bus will run at 20-minute intervals starting at 9:30 a.m.
For more information about the shuttle bus schedule, visit the website
http://www.busanbiennale.org/kr/index.php?pCode=bienn_guide01 (Korean) or call (051)717-3617.
Museum of Contemporary Art Busan,
Address: 1191, Nakdongnam-ro, Saha-gu, Busan
Metro Line 1 Hadan station (Exit 3) → transfer to Bus nos. 168, 3, 520, 55, 58, 58-1, 58-2, 221 → get off at Museum of Contemporary Art Busan Bus Stop
The former Bank of Korea, Busan
Address: 112, Daecheong-ro, Jung-gu, Busan
Directions: Metro Line 1 Jungang Station (Exit 5)