Koreabridge Forums


credit cards for foreign teachers?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 01/10/2011
credit cards for foreign teachers?
Printer-friendly version

I was wondering if anyone has any information on how or what to do to get a credit card in Korea.  I work at a hagwon and i heard i can only get a prepaid credit card.  If anyone could relay some info, i would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Joined: 01/07/2011
Re: credit cards for foreign teachers?

Call The Busan Global Center, the phone number is 1577-7716 that provids the civil appeal business info, a Korean law info, real estate info, open a cell phone acctount info, and other information on aspects of daily life service for foreigners.

I hope it would help.

Joined: 08/12/2009
Re: credit cards for foreign teachers?
Yes, you need to put a deposit down in order to get a credit card.  Whatever deposit you put down, your credit card limit will be 70 to 80% of that.  KEB has a great global credit card and excellent english website service.  I got one the second year I was here and have had it for 2 years.  Warning though, they will automatically put you down to pay the balance in full every month.  On the keb website, you can change amounts of 50000 won or higher to installments for up to one year. When you cancel the card, they will take out the remaining balance and give you the remainder of the deposit back to you.
Joined: 10/26/2009
Re: credit cards for foreign teachers?
That's not true. I never had to put down a deposit either of my BC card or My KEB visa.
Login or register to post comments

Koreabridge - RSS Feeds 
Features @koreabridge     Blogs  @koreablogs
Jobs @koreabridgejobs  Classifieds @kb_classifieds

Koreabridge - Facebook Group

Koreabridge - Googe+ Group