In need of a woman's doctor There are several womens mattsid

There are several womens hospitals between Namcheon and Suyeong. I have no idea about the staffing of female doctors, but no harm in trying.

I can't remember exact locations and it's a failry long road, so best advice would be to get off at Geumnyeonsan subway and get any bus heading towards Suyeong Junction and stare out the window on your left hand side, pretty sure I've seen 2 or 3...

10 years 15 weeks ago
What do you think of the new site so far? Likes jabba

I like the new layout, much nicer to look at.

The comments on the classifieds are very useful.

10 years 15 weeks ago
Calling overseas, help please! skype joshuabeagle

No, skype is FREE between user to user...but you can buy credit for SUPER cheap(2cents/min in America) and call cell phones, landlines, 800 numbers, etc...anything....and for your card...you can also use your computer keys when it asks to dial your card number, "Press 1 for english" kinds of things as well....
you can also send text messages too from it...but cant get replys....

Pension Office lee bum suk, I thought you tyrn

lee bum suk, I thought you were in jail in the Pacific Northwest for some obscure traffic violation.

Pension Office good luck lee-bum-suk

8 years is a long time. Good luck in Kanuckistan.

Pension Office Okay, as long as they will tyrn

Okay, as long as they will mail me a cheque, that's okay.  As I have not been back to Canada for eight years now all I have to do is find a mailing address.

Thanks a million toodies!

Pension Office Copy of Bank Book or Cheque... toodles

I was told they needed a copy of a cheque or a copy of a bank book. Well, we don't have bank books in the USA so I gave her a cheque to copy. Basically, just having all the info for a wire transfer will not work, they need something "official" from your bank back home to do a wire transfer. If this documentation (bank book or cheque) is unavailable then they will not be able to do a...

10 years 16 weeks ago
Pension Office I have no cheque as it is not tyrn

I have no cheque as it is not a chequeing account.  I'm not sure that I understood you correctly.  When you say 'my bank' do you mean 'my bank' here or at home?  I want a wire deposit.  Do you think that that is allowable?.

Pension Office Cheque or Check toodles

I had all my information from my bank and they said they would not be able to deposit the funds without a copy of the cheque. Luckily, I had a cheque so they took a copy of it. Other wise they will mail you a cheque of some sort to your home-country address.

Pension Office Thanks a million, but a copy tyrn

Thanks a million, but a copy of a cheque?  I don't have one.

Pension Office Pension Office toodles

Kyungsung University Subway Station Exit 2. Maybe floor 7 or 8. Just look for the NPS sign. Simple and easy to apply for your refund if that's what you are doing. You'll need your passport, ARC, E-ticket for a flight out of the country and a copy of a check if you want it deposited into your home bank account. Good luck.

AAAAHHHH MosquiTOES!!! Net... SolidChamp

I highly recommend you buy a mosquito net, even though we're nearing the end of the season for them.  Also do yourself a favor and buy one that acts as a sort of pop up tent around your bed.  They're easy to use and even more effective than the nets you have to hang from the wall or ceiling.

KyungSung Halloween Pub Crawl 2009 Added a couple of new prizes mattsid

Added a couple of new prizes and made some small changes to the band schedule so here is the new update

OL'55, Kino Eye, H.Q Bar and Eva's present:

The KyungSung Halloween Pub Crawl 2009

For just 10,000 won you get 'The Pub Crawl Pass' which gets you:

a free drink (draft beer or mixed drink) in each bar;

entry to the...

Calling overseas, help please! Calling Home Busan_Ice

It is quite easy to use calling cards from public pay phones.

(1) Look for the "119" button. Press it and wait for the dial tone.

(2) Key in the access number (080-###-####)

(3) Follow the remainder of the format as outlined on your card.

The above usually works for me....

Travel restrictions re-entering South Korea? Thanks... SolidChamp

I appreciate you putting my mind at ease.  If anyone else wants to chime in on this as well, it can't help to have a little added information/reassurances!

10 years 16 weeks ago
Tax Returns? Do foreign teachers qualify for a tax return? tax returns Sebastian

Thanks for the information, im from new zealand. I remember asking my boss about the tax refund thing and she says she doesn't know anything about it? What are my options, is there a phone number or website i can down load the forms off to apply for it?

Travel restrictions re-entering South Korea? hong kong wakold

I personnally have never been to Hong Kong (although I know some people who have been there) but I seriously doubt there is any problems at all to go there SolidChamp. Usually most of the countries will ask to see your return ticket, either before departure by the flight company, either on arrival at the customs.

10 years 16 weeks ago
Travel restrictions re-entering South Korea? Whoa wait...what's wrong with going to Hong Kong??? SolidChamp

My fiance and I have decided to go to Hong Kong for the Christmas vacation.  I was hoping you could elaborate on what you meant by that?

What happened, exactly?  We're going for an 11 day vacation, and I've already booked and paid for the trip through Kangsan travel.  Also, are you an American or Canadian (yes, it does make a difference I'm afraid)?

Best kebabs in Busan - Seomyeon Big Boy! Koreans... SolidChamp

A couple of young Koreans were there making the kebabs when I went.  Looks like I got lucky.

KyungSung Halloween Pub Crawl 2009 Updates mattsid

The prizes list has just been updated.

1st place - (1) r/t to fukoka from Kangsan Travel

2nd place - (2) 100,000 won gift card from Soho Travel

Runners Up - (7)

Dinner for 2 at the Pasta Factory
Dinner for 2 at Ono
Dinner for 2 + pitcher of beer at HQ
Dinner for 2 + pitcher of beer at Eva's
50,000 won bar tab at Ol 55...

10 years 16 weeks ago
Calling overseas, help please! thanks but.. wakold

Thanks but skype can only be used between users of Skype no? I heard a lot about this program but I'm not too familiar with how it works. I need to call to a bank to activate my card, so in this case I don't know if I'd have to call with another method.

10 years 16 weeks ago
Calling overseas, help please! Skype davyteacher

Skype is very easy and cheap to use, 40 pounds a year and unlimited calling to any home phone of your chosen country (also mobile phones in US)

www.skype.com

10 years 16 weeks ago
Calling overseas, help please! uhmmmm... toodles

I highly doubt a pay phone is cheaper per minute than a pre-paid cell phone. Pay phones in Korea are not like 25 cent pay phones in the states where you can talk as long as you want. Also, use Skype for international calls. It's super cheap, but obviously you need the internet. Good luck.

10 years 16 weeks ago
I want to work out. Please help! gym dcross

You get what you pay for as far as gyms go here.  You arent going to get classes or much variety for under 80,000 but if you want to pay for 3 months at a time, Chicago is probably the nicest club in seomyeon if not all of busan.  They have tons of classes (some in english) and its a really nice facility with all machines and variety for cardio.  Its on the 5th floor of the...

Best kebabs in Busan - Seomyeon Big Boy! haha wakold

Haha well that's an annoying thing for sure! Doesn't appeal me too much to go and try out his kebabs! Even if you have your headphones on he might still stare at you while you eat the kebab haha.