Criminal background check It depends.. celiac_chick

If you're transferring from one job to another and you're not leaving the country, you won't need another background check.  If you leave Korea for more than 30 days, however, you'll need a new background check that has been completed within the past 6 months.

9 years 37 weeks ago
Brita Water Filters in Busan...??? Another possibility celiac_chick

When I lived in Seoul, I used to buy them at a drugstore near my apartment.  They have totally random things in Korean drugstores, so if you can't find them at Home Plus, check out the drugstores near you.

9 years 37 weeks ago
Brita Water Filters in Busan...??? homeplus had them a month ago elmobuzz

have you tried the homeplus in oncenjang (or however it is spelled)?  they are in kind of a weird spot.  maybe the second aisle from the far right as you walk into the store.  in the middle of that aisle on the right side (facing the back of the store-you should see the booze section from that vantage point) at about eye level you should see them.  they sell the pitchers...

9 years 37 weeks ago
Canon camera store in Seomyeon? Yes, there is one in tonyjkitchen

Yes, there is one in Seomyeon.  It's kind of across the street from Starbucks/Coffee Bean, near Lotte Department Store.  I'm not sure what exit, but if you are standing in front of those coffee shops, you can see it.

9 years 37 weeks ago
wax legs thanks, you guys have been Tejal Patel

thanks, you guys have been really helpful!

9 years 37 weeks ago
Is Kim n Joe reputable? Awesomeness colinwatt99

Kim'n'Joe are awesome! Always available to help and Ginger helped me loads finding my apartment, as well as giving me full answers to any small queries or niggles I had before AND after signing the contract.

9 years 38 weeks ago
Is Kim n Joe reputable? Mosdef. They were my first Cliff_Dangers

Mosdef. They were my first recruiters some 7 years ago. They did things for me that no other recruiter I've come to know would ever do. I haven't worked with them in a few years but from my experience I would say not to worry.

9 years 38 weeks ago
I Am a Fat Expat. Hear Me Chew.  I hadn't noticed there were barbie

I hadn't noticed there were comments here before. Slow. What a delightful 3am find!

This particular post, while not intended to be deep or really terribly good at all, was somehow comically misunderstood. Literal interpretation? I'll ignore the comment that came from somebody who clearly didn't read the post  and focus on the understandably misdirected one (sinfonian).

...
9 years 38 weeks ago
Is Korea making you racist? Orly? truemoboy666

@waikikamukau

"The publicly acceptable levels of racism in Korea are EXTREMELY different to what is acceptable in English speaking countries."

I think what you mean by "racism" is specifically "disapproving attitudes towards whites dating Korean women" and not, I'm guessing, "institutionalized imbalances of power and/or history of violence and...

9 years 38 weeks ago
Waves in Haeundae Beach surfer's rights truemoboy666

Maybe we would have more of a voice if we learned to speak Korean?

I don't think griping in English on koreabridge.net is going to accomplish much.

9 years 38 weeks ago
Is Korea making you racist? Ridiculous Waikikamukau

Pick any night on any busy city street and you'll find a drunk guy passed. You don't need to be a card carrying KKK member to make that observation. However, you do need to be deluded to consider such a presumption to be racism.

And your scolding tone is seriously misplaced. The publicly acceptable levels of racism in Korea are EXTREMELY different to what is acceptable in English...

9 years 38 weeks ago
Master Yoon's English Hapkido School Morning class times? Netherwhere

The website in question seems to be down. What are the morning class times? Any chance of the contact email being posted sometime?

Cheers

9 years 38 weeks ago
wax legs Apparently you can get it jacquimac

Apparently you can get it done at the spa in the Princess Hotel in Haeudae and it's supposed to be pretty good and professional. Not sure on the price though, probably not cheap but they may have an English person on staff if you call to ask.

9 years 38 weeks ago
xanax? It need a prescription sangju01

When you buy the meicine(Xanax), you need the prescription.

You can get the prescription any Neuropsychiatry hopital

If you need English Doctor or Nurse, You can join Dong-eui hopital.

The English Nurse help you.

Have a great day

9 years 39 weeks ago
wax legs waxing everlong

Though I haven't tried it myself, you can get waxing done at Zio place in Seomyeon. This is the building where Homeplus and the CGV Imax are located. Once you enter the building go downstairs as though you want to enter Homeplus. Go down one floor and rather then entering the store make a sharp right immediately after going down the stairs. You will pass lockers on your right as well...

9 years 39 weeks ago
View From Mt.Jangsan Ah memories David

Very nice view,used to live in Haundae way back in the day

9 years 39 weeks ago
Is Korea making you racist? If you're not racist you're Gilbert

If you're not racist you're not human!

A little racism is normal, trying to stamp it out completely is foolish.

Trying to forcibly impose racial equality on a culture is psychological warfare and does more to create divisions.

If a Korean doesn't want me in his bar because i'm white that's his choice, I wish I had the same right in my own country.

Just my opinion....

9 years 39 weeks ago
Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, Korean Classes Traditional Ashtanga Yoga (Mysore-Style) PNU Ashtangi83

Hi,

Depending on what you're looking for in yoga classes - I'd highly recommend the shala (studio) in PNU.  I've been practicing there since June and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's run by Korean staff and there is an English speaking teacher.

Ashtanga is the oldest form of hatha yoga and they teach the traditional method here.

...
9 years 39 weeks ago
Message for Anyone Who Links Me Via Pusan Web/Koreabridge i agree. i have a lot of posts about Korea kat

since the transition my blog hasn't been relinked even though most of my blogs are about korea. on top of that, this new design isn't very helpful to newcomers as they haven't brought over the posts from the old site.  they don't even have any information on korean festivals that are cancelled. to me its not pusanweb anymore. its somebody who doesn't give a crap web.

9 years 39 weeks ago
Masters in Education or Teaching Licensure in Korea my findings on distance ed jakerue

hey I have been looking at programs online for a few months now.  There are lots of MEds that don't lead to licensure in Canada or the US.  Curriculum is a popular one to do online.

As for getting a licensure I found a few from the US - none at all from Canada as no province will certify you through distance alone.  I am not sure how the teaching cert will...

9 years 39 weeks ago
C4 Visa and short-term contract  A C4's fine for a 3 month carrotpatchkid

A C4's fine for a 3 month job but be careful if you're hoping to work for more than that.  You should be able to find a plethora of contracts of www.eslcafe.com in the Job Forums.

Good luck

9 years 39 weeks ago
Import tax and duty I always ... kimchee

mark my packages as 'replacement product' that way you can insure them for the full amount and dont pay any tax on them ... makes sense I think ;)

9 years 40 weeks ago
Health Insurance Agent / Good English Dentist (2 questions) I can't help you on your mattsid

I can't help you on your first question, but for dentists check out these links to the old forums, they are pretty comprehensive lists.

...

9 years 40 weeks ago
Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, Korean Classes taekwondo 태권도 tll230

For Taekwondo check this out:

Terry

9 years 40 weeks ago
English Travel Agencies in Busan Thanks alot. Hopefully you AD35

Thanks alot. Hopefully you can find out if that other travel agency is still in business.

9 years 40 weeks ago