Where can I get posters and prints in Busan? Re: Where can I get posters and prints in Busan? Chambertin

In my old town I would go to the local discount home furnishing place, Alls Mart.  They had pictures in the frame for about 6,000 - 20,000 won.  Not the cool stuff you see back home, but anything beats an empty wall.

Here I havent found it yet, but when I do I will be sure to let you know.  Please tell me if you find a discout home store also.

6 years 2 weeks ago
Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Re: Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? lee-bum-suk
I think someone started chusok early this year.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Who said Korean architecture was boring? Re: Who said Korean architecture was boring? mattsid

Ironically I've always thought that Korea's beloved (and many still think it is the tallest) 63 building in Seoul is a nice design. Totally different to everything around it. http://www.asiaexplorers.com/pics/63-building_seoul.jpg But, a lot of what Paul said is...

Running club Re: Running club paul
Cheers for that, good info.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? Re: Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? jonathan
thanks helenree, very much appreciate the information.  enjoy your chuseok holiday !!
6 years 2 weeks ago
Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Re: Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Nodolan
"My Lotte Department Store DC Supreme Credit with a mastercard logo"

Hilarious

you know what I'm saying.
6 years 2 weeks ago

You ain't got no DC card.

You ain't got no DC card.

You ain't go no DC card.

Because you're an EEEEEEEEE2

'Cause you're an EEEEEEEEEE2 and on welfare, you're on welfare.

I got a DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCCC card.

I got a DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCCC card.

DCDCDC

DCDCDC

Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones Angel
You expect people to call you! Errm, isn't that cheap.Sad world.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones kat
You need a valid alien registration number even for pay as you go phones.  When your alien registration is up, you can't use your phone.   You don't lose the money, it stays on the phone but you can't use it until your registration number is renewed.
Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy tharp42

There is no Busan improv group.  There never has been.  But there IS comedy going on.  There's:

1. Busan Night Live:  They did a sketch show a few months back and are now writing a new one.  They have regular writers meetings open to all, I believe.  I don't know when and where, but it should be easy to find otu.

2. The Ha...

Running club Re: Running club mattsid

If you haven't already you might want to join this Facebook group that is dedicated to running in Busan and around.

Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones Chambertin

I bought mine from a freind in town.  I'd say look online or ask the shop if they have any.  Although they rarely do, people sometimes turn in old phones.

The way it worked is that I had the phone, paid a small fee to have it converted to me and a pay as you go, then just put on 10,000 every couple months.  Its great because even if you run out of money people can still...

6 years 2 weeks ago
Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Re: Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? MattE

Last time I was in Japan (3 years ago) I could use my Korean and my Canadian Bank card at the Japanese Post Office. The ATMs/ABMs were international.
Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy dukerooster

I don't know anything about the Busan group.  Do you know the name of the group?  I haven't heard of anything and I want to start something here new.

6 years 2 weeks ago
Acupuncture Re: Acupuncture CanadianF2Engli...

I went to an acupuncture clinic in OncheonJang. It's in the Homeplus/CGV Building across from the subway station (there is a VIPS and The Party in the same building as well).

It's on the 3rd or 4th floor at the far right hand side if you take the escalator up from inside (beside Dunkin Donuts). I had a pretty good experience there and would recommend it. An hour session with a waterbed...

Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy matthews_world

Seems that the Busan improv groups FB page is a bit outdated.  Is thie Busan club still active?

Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy RebeccaT

Hi!

I'm from Austin too and I would be really interested in doing some improv again- I haven't really done any since college. I can't guarantee funniness, but I'd love to get together and practice. E-mail me at Ellenorelilly@hotmail.com !

Sausages Re: Sausages Trevor
There are many sausages available, the problem is they aren't British style sausages that go with the mash. You can still use them of course, but they're not quite the same.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know about the Tsu Islet (Tsushima or DAEMADO) Japan? Re: Does anyone know about the Tsu Islet (Tsushima or ... helenreee

That's nice to hear that I wasn't alone who went there. I am planning to go back by the end of December, since I happened to see only the northern part of the islet. If you d been to the south, I d love to hear more about that on my return in two weeks. Thanks for your post,

Helen Ree

6 years 2 weeks ago
Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? Re: Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? helenreee

I C. Most of their products come with a 1 year warranty. If yours are older than that, they may provide A/S from the original shop with a proof of purchase. Otherwise, call their customer service main office 고객상담실 in Seoul at 02-2027-0854 to...

6 years 2 weeks ago
i have black yak hiking boots that need to be restored with new soles and stitching.  so, i must personally give them to a shopkeeper.
Sausages Re: Sausages 143busan
i've purchased johnsonville brats from the States on numerous occasions from various places.  a bit pricey though.  i think it's like 7-8K for a pack of six.  they're good though.
Sausages Re: Sausages Sweatcold
Costco's got great "Andouille" sausages that should serve your purpose.
Sausages Re: Sausages mattsid
Actually sausages are available in all supermarkets. It's just that I they don't come close to good British banger. I find them way to tightly packed and often using ingredients that you normally wouldn't find in a traditional sausage. Costco carries varieties such as Bratwurst and Andalucian, but again not great for bangers and mash. Great for stews and casseroles though.
Sausages Re: Sausages Ric

Oh yeah,

and thanks for the tip Mattsid, might try there tonight.