Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Re: Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Nodolan

You ain't got no DC card.

You ain't got no DC card.

You ain't go no DC card.

Because you're an EEEEEEEEE2

'Cause you're an EEEEEEEEEE2 and on welfare, you're on welfare.

I got a DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCCC card.

I got a DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDCCC card.

DCDCDC

DCDCDC

Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones Angel
You expect people to call you! Errm, isn't that cheap.Sad world.
6 years 11 weeks ago
Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones kat
You need a valid alien registration number even for pay as you go phones.  When your alien registration is up, you can't use your phone.   You don't lose the money, it stays on the phone but you can't use it until your registration number is renewed.
Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy tharp42

There is no Busan improv group.  There never has been.  But there IS comedy going on.  There's:

1. Busan Night Live:  They did a sketch show a few months back and are now writing a new one.  They have regular writers meetings open to all, I believe.  I don't know when and where, but it should be easy to find otu.

2. The Ha...

Running club Re: Running club mattsid

If you haven't already you might want to join this Facebook group that is dedicated to running in Busan and around.

Pay as u go phones Re: Pay as u go phones Chambertin

I bought mine from a freind in town.  I'd say look online or ask the shop if they have any.  Although they rarely do, people sometimes turn in old phones.

The way it worked is that I had the phone, paid a small fee to have it converted to me and a pay as you go, then just put on 10,000 every couple months.  Its great because even if you run out of money people can still...

6 years 11 weeks ago
Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? Re: Can we use Korean bank cards (ATM) in Japan? MattE

Last time I was in Japan (3 years ago) I could use my Korean and my Canadian Bank card at the Japanese Post Office. The ATMs/ABMs were international.
Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy dukerooster

I don't know anything about the Busan group.  Do you know the name of the group?  I haven't heard of anything and I want to start something here new.

6 years 11 weeks ago
Acupuncture Re: Acupuncture CanadianF2Engli...

I went to an acupuncture clinic in OncheonJang. It's in the Homeplus/CGV Building across from the subway station (there is a VIPS and The Party in the same building as well).

It's on the 3rd or 4th floor at the far right hand side if you take the escalator up from inside (beside Dunkin Donuts). I had a pretty good experience there and would recommend it. An hour session with a waterbed...

Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy matthews_world

Seems that the Busan improv groups FB page is a bit outdated.  Is thie Busan club still active?

Improv Comedy Re: Improv Comedy RebeccaT

Hi!

I'm from Austin too and I would be really interested in doing some improv again- I haven't really done any since college. I can't guarantee funniness, but I'd love to get together and practice. E-mail me at Ellenorelilly@hotmail.com !

Sausages Re: Sausages Trevor
There are many sausages available, the problem is they aren't British style sausages that go with the mash. You can still use them of course, but they're not quite the same.
6 years 11 weeks ago
Does anyone know about the Tsu Islet (Tsushima or DAEMADO) Japan? Re: Does anyone know about the Tsu Islet (Tsushima or ... helenreee

That's nice to hear that I wasn't alone who went there. I am planning to go back by the end of December, since I happened to see only the northern part of the islet. If you d been to the south, I d love to hear more about that on my return in two weeks. Thanks for your post,

Helen Ree

6 years 12 weeks ago
Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? Re: Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? helenreee

I C. Most of their products come with a 1 year warranty. If yours are older than that, they may provide A/S from the original shop with a proof of purchase. Otherwise, call their customer service main office 고객상담실 in Seoul at 02-2027-0854 to...

6 years 12 weeks ago
Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? Re: Black Yak Outdoors Shop location? jonathan
i have black yak hiking boots that need to be restored with new soles and stitching.  so, i must personally give them to a shopkeeper.
Sausages Re: Sausages 143busan
i've purchased johnsonville brats from the States on numerous occasions from various places.  a bit pricey though.  i think it's like 7-8K for a pack of six.  they're good though.
Sausages Re: Sausages Sweatcold
Costco's got great "Andouille" sausages that should serve your purpose.
Sausages Re: Sausages mattsid
Actually sausages are available in all supermarkets. It's just that I they don't come close to good British banger. I find them way to tightly packed and often using ingredients that you normally wouldn't find in a traditional sausage. Costco carries varieties such as Bratwurst and Andalucian, but again not great for bangers and mash. Great for stews and casseroles though.
Sausages Re: Sausages Ric

Oh yeah,

and thanks for the tip Mattsid, might try there tonight.

Sausages Re: Sausages Ric

You see those Mr Wow are pretty solid. I would love to be able to buy some of them raw to cook up whenever I fancied it.

6 years 12 weeks ago
Who said Korean architecture was boring? Re: Who said Korean architecture was boring? lee-bum-suk

Boring, not boring; irrelevant. Still standing is better.

Korean buildings have a knack for falling down. Department store in 1995 when I just arrived, they still won't acknowledge the real death toll. A major complex basement parking lot, there are hundreds of examples of smaller buildings as well. Recently on the verge of toppling because of poor drainage and erosion...

Sausages Re: Sausages Rutherford

There's a sausage stand in PNU that makes some pretty good sausages.  It's one of those little ones (Like Mr. Wow) That have a couple different options in a bun or a cup.

I don't think this one is a chain and is run by a husband and wife who make their own sausages.  Not quite Germany but not bad either.  They're happy to cook up a bunch of them to go wrapped in...

Sausages Re: Sausages mattsid
Ironically one of the best sausages I've come across in this country is in the bakery Paris Baguette. They sell these breakfast sausages that are pretty damn yummy. Check out the cold cabinet. I don't know if every branch sells them, but the one in Kyung Sung certainly does.
6 years 12 weeks ago
Northeast Asian Neighbors Behaving Badly Re: Northeast Asian Neighbors Behaving Badly LetsTry Reason
To the “outside” world intellectuals who don’t read Korean,

This is a remarkable story of people – the governed(although they are in theory supposed to be the actual governor in democracy), not their government - making difference in the world (history).

1. Compare and contrast.
“More enlightened” American people,...
6 years 12 weeks ago
Who said Korean architecture was boring? Re: Who said Korean architecture was boring? Paul Gaasenbeek
I did but I am not sure how you would know that. Buildings here, especially apartments are boring as whatever it is you find boring.  I love architecture but basically you have 40 to 50 story buildings here that all look the same. There are a couple cool buildings in Seoul but come on, taking a pic like this hardly means it is not boring. Even Korea's tallest building is boring (in Songdo...