interested in a new position
Victoria BC Canada
Telephone message and text: 1- 778- 967- 1584
Profile: A mature and eager English Instructor who brings a positive effect for students of all ages with quality instruction.
Age: 63 Date of Birth: 24 Feb 1954
ESL teaching experience:
– Oedae Academy, JaeSongDong, Busan, 2001 to 2002.
- Jung Chul School, Gimhae, 2003
– Teacher in 2 ESL schools in Taichung. 2004.
-Teacher at ChangSha regional college, Hunan, China. 2006.
Details of teaching:
– Provided engaging teaching tools to instruct students of all ages, for reading, writing, grammar, phonics, and speaking.
– Designed effective lesson plans for making all the lessons as interesting as possible.
– Kept up to date progress records for students and communicated it to parents and school directors.
– Motivated students to be their best.
– Challenged students to learn English in a fun way, without undue stress or effort.
– Developed better fluency for students with innovative conversation that showcased how people really speak in English.
– Worked with class groups as low as one or two and as high as 20 to 25.
– Worked with ages from 4 to adult. Had excellent results with younger learners.
1) BA degree from Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada, 1979. Honor’s level, GPA 3.1 Major program was political science.
2) Coaching Certification (Level 3), Canadian Ice Hockey Federation. Accredited for coaching ice hockey.
Other Professional Interests:
Web Design: I design websites using the WordPress platform.
Creative Writing: I am an author of two manuscripts which I expect to be published at the right time.
Ice Hockey Coach (Volunteer): I have coached an ice hockey team at the pee-wee level (ages 6 to 10).
– I have a valid Canadian passport.
– I have a BA degree with a diploma and transcripts.
– I am able to obtain all travel documents as needed.
Summary: I am eager to contribute to your ESL school program to better equip students to function confidently in English, and to ensure their brighter futures.