It’s no secret that public transportation in Korea is fantastic. It has to be. It’s one of the most densely populated countries in the world. Horrendous traffic jams in the major cities happen daily. Want to travel by car or bus during the national holidays? Fugetaboutit! Take a plane or train. That’s it. Anything else and you are looking at camping on the highway.
If you’re going to surf Korea’s tubes, Jihachul (a.k.a. Subway Korea) by Broong Inc. is essential. According to their site, the app:
• Provides the latest subway map of Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, Gwangju
• Has multi-language support: English, Korean, Japanese
• Provides timetable, transfer info, station and area guide
• Helps to find nearby stations from my current location
• Shares real-time user reviews about the area nearby stations using Tokaba