The Serene Mireuk-bul at Bongeunsa Temple in Gangnam, Seoul.
Hello Again Everyone!!
Bongeunsa Temple was first established in 794 A.D. by the monk, Yeonhoei, and it was first known as Gyeongseongsa Temple. Later, in 1498, under Queen Jeonghyeon (1462-1530), the temple was refurbished and renamed Bongeunsa Temple. Originally, the temple was located a further one kilometer southwest of its present location, but was relocated during King Myeongjong’s reign (r.1545-1567). More recently, Bongeunsa Temple is in dispute with the Seoul municipal government in potentially relocating it from its posh Gangnam neighbourhood.