Probably not many of you know that you can buy a house on a low interest mortgage in Korea. Here are general steps you need to go through to own property in Korea
1) Find a reliable, certified English-speaking realtor.
2) Mortgage loan available for a foreigner : around 55% of selling price at 3.6~4.4% interest rate/year.
3) Provide him with your budget and preference for location, house type and anticipated move-in date.
4) Pick some houses out of the realtor-provided list where you can see pictures of houses and their locations with prices.
5) Go together to see the selected houses in person for comparison and final decision.
6) Buy without mortgage : A fact confirmation certificate of your alien registration is required.
7) Buy with mortgage : Seal certificate, proof of employment and a receipt for income tax withholding are required.